- Anna Fox. Work Stations (1987-88)
- Anna Fox. Afterwards (1983-96)
- Anna Fox. 41 Hewitt Road (1996-99)
- Anna Fox. Friendly Fire (1989-94)
- Anna Fox. The Village. (1993)
- Anna Fox. Cockroach Diary (1996-99)
- Anna Fox. My mother's cupboards and my father's words. (1999)
- Anna Fox. Back to the Village (1999-2008)
- Anna Fox. Country Girls. (1996-2001)
- Anna Fox. Pictures of Linda. (1983-2015)
- Anna Fox. Notes from Home (2000-2003)
- Anna Fox. Resort 1 (2009-2011). Large-scale Exhibition Prints
- Anna Fox. Resort 1. Boxed Set (2009-11)
- Anna Fox. Resort 2. Boxed Set (2009-2011)
Anna Fox. Cockroach Diary (1996-99)
The Hyman Collection includes the complete exhibition presentation of this extraordinary series, as large exhibition prints, accompanied by texts from Fox's diary.
The darkly humorous Cockroach Diary (1996-1999) documents an infestation of cockroaches at Anna Fox's North London home (41 Hewitt Rd) where she lived with her children, partner and a number of lodgers. First published in 1999 by Shoreditch Biennale, it tells a wicked tale of how an invasion of cockroaches affected the people who lived there. The work combines a series of colour photographs with a handwritten diary that she kept until the cockroaches eventually left.
A melodramatic tale tells more about the dysfunctional relationship between the house sharers than the cockroaches themselves. This project marked the start of Fox's exploration of autobiographical story-telling and her questioning of the power of the camera in documentary practice.
Published by Shoreditch Biennale 2000.
Click here to view works
British Photography / The Hyman Collection