- Anna Fox. Work Stations (1987-88)
- Anna Fox. 41 Hewitt Road (1996-99)
- Anna Fox. The Village. (1993)
- Anna Fox. Back to the Village (1999-2008)
- Anna Fox. My mother's cupboards and my father's words. (1999)
- Anna Fox. Country Girls. (1996-2001)
- Anna Fox. Resort 1 (2009-2011)
- Anna Fox. Resort 2 (2009-2011)
Anna Fox. Country Girls. (1996-2001)
Country Girls (1996-2001) is collaboration between Anna Fox and singer/songwriter Alison Goldfrapp. It explores the lives of women growing up in rural southern England and the story of Sweet Fanny Adams, which fascinated them both as young girls. The photographs, often disturbingly violent, act as metaphors for the feeling of suffocation they both felt as young women growing up in the countryside in the 1970s.
Anna Fox explains: "We went out into the landscape, often at night or early morning, and made photographs that summed up our memories."
British Photography / The Hyman Collection